Las Cruces 2022 Music in the Park Series Set
LAS CRUCES — The Department of Parks and Recreation’s 2022 Music in the Park series begins at 6 p.m. May 29 at Plaza de Las Cruces, 100 N. Main St., with the Mayor’s Jazz Fest.
The Mayor’s Jazz Fest will feature performances by New York saxophonist/singer and composer Paula Atherton, with local jazz musicians The Windup opening the show.
The Music in the Park series continues the following week with shows starting at 7 p.m., June 5 through August 28. Sunday performances in June and July will be held at Young Park, 1905 E. Nevada Ave., and in August at Apodaca Park 801 E. Avenue in Madrid
Thursday Night Music in the Plaza will begin at 7 p.m. on July 14, July 21, August 4, and August 18 at Plaza de Las Cruces.
Schedule, times and locations are subject to change.
The series will include an eclectic mix of performances from well-known local, regional and national artists. Featured artists include Texas rockers Black Heart Saints, party music from Las Cruces band The Ghetto Blaster, Motley 2’s tribute to Motley Crue and the great Al Hurricane Jr.
After:Rock band Journey is coming to the Pan American Center this summer
The Music in the Park series highlights the great talent and diversity of music from Las Cruces, southern New Mexico and New Mexico. Each year, more than 70% of the musicians programmed come from the Las Cruces area.
For more information on the Music in the Park series, call the Parks and Recreation Department at 575-541-2550.
This year’s program:
Mayor’s Jazz Fest, 6 p.m. Plaza de Las Cruces
- May 29: Paula Atherton, The Windup (jazz)
Young Park, 7 p.m. Sunday
- June 5: Los Pistoleros (variety) and Mariachi Aguilas (mariachi)
- June 12: Rich Chorne’ (blues, roots) and Soul Shine (R&B, blues, soul, variety)
- June 19: Black Heart Saints (Texan rock ‘n roll) and Oldies But Goodies (oldies)
- June 26: Triple Jack (rock, blues, funk) and Truman Provencio (rock, blues, country, reggae)
- July 10: Rosewater Blues Band (blues, rock) and Guitar Slim (blues rock)
- July 17: Al Hurricane Jr. (New Mexico music) and Las Muñecas (variety)
- July 24: Windy City (tribute to Chicago) and Little Moses Jones (R&B, soul)
- July 31 : Play Me (tribute to Neil Diamond) and NightTimeDrive (neo soul, R&B)
Apodaca Park, 7 p.m. Sunday
- August 7: Brendan Dawes and Lincoln County Line (Country and West)
- August 14: Power Drive USA and Tequila Nights (variety)
- 21st of August : Memphis Band (country) and Double Trouble (country and western)
- August 28: The Ghetto Blaster (party music) and The Mixx Band (funk, blues, reggae)
Thursday night music in the Plaza, 7 p.m.
- July 14th : Border Jazz Orchestra (jazz)
- July 21: Mariachi Raices De America, with Antonio Reyna (mariachi)
- August 4: Motley 2 (tribute to Motley Crue) and Sloan Armitage (folk, blues, indie rock)
- August 18: Claudio T Trio (jazz) and Austin Jimmy Murphy (swing, blues)