Program Manager, Arizona Center for Civic Leadership, Flinn Foundation
Arizona Center for Civic Leadership
The Arizona Center for Civic Leadership program manager is part of a three-person team at the Phoenix-based Flinn Foundation, a leader in Arizona’s philanthropic community.
The selected candidate will possess strong technical skills, excellent writing skills, a responsive customer service orientation, a collaborative instinct, a passion for learning, and a commitment to the Foundation’s mission: to improve the quality of life in Arizona. , for the benefit of future generations.
- Collaborates with the vice president of the Arizona Center for Civic Leadership to develop, implement, improve and expand the activities of the Arizona Center for Civic Leadership.
- As assigned by the Vice President, assumes primary responsibility for specific aspects of the program.
- Works with the Vice President, Arizona Center for Civic Leadership, to design and operate the Flinn-Brown Civic Leadership Academy, CivEx, other programs, events, publications, and presentations, expand the center’s visibility and nonpartisan reputation, and coordinate civic leadership activities with other Flinn Foundation programs.
- Works with the Vice President, Communications on advertising, public relations and communications, publications and social media.
Prospective candidates should apply through Indeed. Applications will be received and reviewed on an as-needed basis, with the hope of selecting a candidate to fill the position in early April.
Considerations related to COVID-19: Due to the current rate of spread of COVID-19 and related public health concerns, most Flinn Foundation employees are working remotely when possible to protect the health of our community.
About the Flinn Foundation
Since its inception in 1965, the Flinn Foundation’s primary grantmaking area has been health care, with a particular focus since 2000 on the biosciences. Along with this area of focus, the Flinn Foundation’s grantmaking and programming areas also include arts and culture, Flinn Scholars, and the Arizona Center for Civic Leadership.
The Flinn Foundation Board of Trustees is comprised of nine of Arizona’s top leaders in medicine, technology, business and finance. The Foundation’s professional staff of 21 is led by President and CEO Tammy McLeod, Ph.D.
The Flinn Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. More information is available on our website about the Foundation’s values and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Central Phoenix. Same-day in-state travel may be required. As previously stated, most Flinn Foundation staff are currently working remotely to protect the health of our community.
Typically 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (evenings and occasional Saturdays required).
Salary and benefits
The Flinn Foundation offers competitive compensation commensurate with skills and experience.
The Foundation values work-life balance and the retention of its highly valued staff, as evidenced by the classification and benefits of this position:
- The Foundation offers paid holidays, sick days and vacations. Paid leave is also provided for bereavement and maternity/paternity/adoption.
- Additional benefits include: medical and dental insurance; life insurance, short and long term disability insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; covered parking and recharging of electric vehicles.
- The specific provisions of these benefits are exceptionally generous. Details will be provided to candidates moving forward in the selection process for the position.