Twitter trends 2021: K-pop group BTS, Lata Mangeshkar, AR Rahman were all the rage in India this year
The Twitter trends for 2021 are here and song legend Lata Mangeshkar and Oscar-winning music maestro AR Rahman topped the list of most tweeted Indian music artists. Not only that, BTS seems to have found a lot of love as the Korean boy group ruled the musical conversations in India. The K-pop group’s tweets are also the most retweeted and liked this year.
#OnlyOnTwitter 2021: the best music tweets
Most retweeted tweet in music: BTS’s tweet (@BTS_twt) about Jimin’s new haircut.
Most popular tweet in music: BTS tweet (@BTS_twt) sharing Jimin and Jungkook’s looks at the airport.
Another Tweet from BTS (@BTS_twt), a photo of band members Jimin and Jungkook has become the most beloved tweet in music conversations in India.
#OnlyOnTwitter: the main musical conversations in 2021
The most tweeted hashtags in music in 2021
1. #BTS: This unstoppable K-pop group continued to inspire their #ARMY. From releasing the catchy song Butter, to the group’s collaboration with iconic Coldplay for My Universe, to portraying #PermissionToDance at the United Nations General Assembly and winning numerous awards, including three MTV VMAs, it has been an exciting year for the group’s fandom.
2. #BBMAsTopSocial: The Billboard Music Awards (BBMA) are one of the most celebrated awards in the international music industry. Conversations revolved around BLACKPINK, Ariana Grande, Seventeen, among others, but it was BTS that took home the award.
3. #iHeartAwards: The eighth edition of #iheartawards was a star-studded event that celebrated the most played artists and songs on iHeartRadio stations and the iHeartRadio app in 2020. Since the voting process began, the awards have inspired music fans to vote for their favorite artists, making it one of the most important musical conversations of the year.
4. #BLACKROSE: Korean girl group BLACKPINK celebrated their fifth birthday, and the group’s fandom – BLINK threw their own party on Twitter. The group also released their first film titled BLACKPINK: THE MOVIE. Band members including Lisa, Rose, Jisoo and Jennie also discussed their respective solo projects and accomplishments this year.
5. #ENHYPEN: This is another group that Indian K-pop fans are obsessed with. The band’s second EP, BORDER: CARNIVAL, was released earlier this year. Additionally, news of everyone in the group having contracted Covid-19 in the middle of the year has inspired conversations from concerned fans on Twitter, as has news of their recovery and return in October.
Most Tweeted Songs of the Year
1. #BTS_beurre: BTS fans took to their second song in English #Butter this year. From a nine-week run on the Billboard Hot 100 chart to a Grammy nomination, Butter has won hearts and praise in the music industry, and volumes of conversation from fans on Twitter.
2. #PermissionToDance: Marking another touchstone of his career, BTS performed his single Permission To Dance at the United Nations General Assembly.
3. #Dynamite: Released in 2020, BTS Dynamite was one of the most successful songs of the year.
4. #MyUniverse: This year, BTS collaborated with iconic rock band Coldplay for the single My Universe.
5. #Dont_fight_the_feeling: Another K-pop group that thrilled fans this year was EXO with their album Dont Fight The Feeling. When the group announced their comeback with Don’t Fight The Feeling in May this year, fans were ecstatic.
Also Read: BTS: J-Hope Says “HOT” As Jimin Shares Before And After Selfies To Get Highlight Extensions. View the photo
#OnlyOnTwitter: most tweeted about musical artists in 2021
1. BTS (@BTS_twt): Unsurprisingly, BTS has been the music artist that Indian fans have talked about the most this year.
2. Lata Mangeshkar (@mangeshkarlata): Affectionately known as the Indian Nightingale, Lata Mangeshkar celebrated her 92nd birthday this year. The singer shared a vocal note, thanking the audience for their wishes.
3. AR Rahman (@arrahman): Whether it’s hosting a Twitter space to talk about her debut as a writer and producer with the movie 99 Songs, earning a Grammy nomination for her music for the movie Mimi, asking for advice from his audience on turning one of his songs into an NFT (Non Fungible Token), the maestro kept the fans busy and talked to them throughout the year.
4. Taylor Swift (@ taylorswit13): Going forward with her attempt to own all of her music (The Boss, this one), Taylor released re-recordings of two of her albums – Fearless (Taylor’s Version) and Red (Taylor’s Version).
5. Armaan Malik (@ ArmaanMalik22): Armaan teamed up with K-pop star Eric Nam, whom he had met on Twitter, and music producer KSHMR for the song Echo.