Want to win a $ 4,500 trip to Germany, Austria and Switzerland to witness the historic Passion Play? here’s how
(Good Things Utah) – Dr Joseph Q. Jarvis joined the show and spoke with Nice DeGering about two opportunities for our viewers to attend the 10-day Passion Play Tour through Germany, Austria and the Switzerland in 2022. First of all, what is the Passion Play, and where is it?
About the tour
This unique tour is centered around the “Passion Play” in Oberammergau, Germany. The history of this coin dates back almost 300 years. In 1633, when the Black Death was raging in Europe, the villagers of Oberammergau promised God that if they were spared they would fulfill the âPassion of Christâ every 10 years. After being spared, the city honored this commitment for a decade.
This incredible passion play performance follows the last week of Christ’s life from his triumphal entry into Jerusalem until his trial, crucifixion, and finally, his resurrection and ascension. The Passion Game, played on an open-air stage against a backdrop of majestic mountains, has taken place every 10 years since 1634!
Because of the Covid-19, it was canceled in 2020 and has been rescheduled for 2022. This is the first time in 12 years that this play will be performed and that this trip will be offered. There will not be another opportunity to witness this historic performance for another 10 years.
- Day 1: June group to meet in Salzburg, September group to meet in Munich
- Day 2: Travel to Oberammergau for the passion game
- Day 3: Sacrament meeting in Innsbruck, walking tour of the old town of Innsbruck, cable car ride to the top of the Austrian Alps
- Day 4: Boat trip in the Lake District (Salzkammergut) and walking tour of the old town of Salzburg, evening concert
- Day 5: Travel from Salzburg, Austria to Lucerne, Switzerland with a lunch break in Neuschwanstein
- Day 6: Day trip to the top of Europe â Jungfrau by train
- Day 7: Temple session in the Swiss Temple, walking tour of Bern
- Day 8: Panoramic train ride from Lucerne to Montreux
- Day 9 & 10: Visit of Chillon Castle on Lake Geneva
- Day 10: Departure for separate destinations.
How much does it cost?
Price: $ 4,500 / person in double occupancy (meals included).
Secure reservations with a deposit of $ 2000 / person, non refundable.
While this tour is specially designed for LDS groups and families, this tour will appeal to anyone looking for a unique experience across Europe. For more information on travel options with Dr. Jarvis, visit his travel website at mojoetravel.com.
Do not miss this unique event per decade!
All entries will also receive a FREE copy of The hope of the promise– filled with beautiful photographs of modern Israel – by Dr. Joseph Q. Jarvis.
In The hope of the promiseDr. Joseph Jarvis explores several ancient sites where Biblical events took place and again asks Paul’s question: “Why should anyone think such an incredible thing with you, that God raise the dead?” The book includes stunning photographs and an in-depth analysis of the area where Jesus lived and walked.
Enter for a chance to win, here.
This story contains sponsored content.